Knowledge-based translational medicine is a rapidly growing discipline in biomedical research and aims to expedite the discovery of new diagnostic tools and treatments by using a multi-disciplinary, highly collaborative, "bench-to-bedside" approach. Large amounts of multi-omics, imaging (medical and molecular) and clinical data can now be captured for given patient populations. In addition to the challenges of data curation and harmonisation, new computational methods are required to identify molecular signatures that suggest disease subtype. These signatures may be predictive of outcome or progression, and impact on disease management by suggesting personalised therapeutic strategies for patients. Such approaches will further the development of a new taxonomy of disease.
In the TransMed COSI meeting, we will explore the current status of computational biology approaches within the field of translational medicine.
Information of previous TransMed meeting(s) can be found here.
Link to the ISMB ECCB 2017 website is: here
- Proceedings Submission Deadline: January 26, 2017
- Non-proceedings Submission Deadline: April 13, 2017
Topics of interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Clinical and molecular data storage and integration infrastructure, including: data warehousing for translational medicine, multi-‘omics and clinical data integration, data visualization in translational medicine
- Curation and harmonization of clinical, ‘omics and imaging data, including: standards and ontologies in translational medicine, biomedical text mining and semantic representation
- Data analytics for patient stratification, biomarker and target discovery, including: disease subtype discovery, Electronic Health Records integration, translational imaging, multi-scale modelling, high performance and cloud computing in translational medicine, mathematical modelling for disease processes, pathways and networks
- Computational approaches for target selection and drug discovery, including: druggability assessment and target selection, polypharmacology, drug reuse, chemical library design, virtual screening technologies, drug discovery enabler pipelines and databases, chemical tool analysis.
- ADME/PK and Tox models, including: databases and modeling approaches for ADME and PK, machine learning approaches to predicting toxicity, modeling of pharmacokinetics to man and model organism utility models.
- Translational Medicine Informatics Applications/Case Studies, including: Next generation sequencing annotation and biomedicine applications, clinical data integration and application.
Dr. Anguraj Sadanandam, The Institute of Cancer Research, UK
Prof. Tim Hubbard, King's College London, UK
|Start time||End time||Topic|
|8:30||8:40||Intro & Welcome - TBD|
|8:40||9:15||Keynote - Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|9:15||9:30||Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|10:00||10:35||Keynote - Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|10:35||10:50||Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|10:50||11:05||Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|11:05||11:20||Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|11:20||11:35||Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|11:35||11:50||Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|11:50||12:05||Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|12:05||12:30||Lightning Round 1 slide, 1 poster, 2 minutes|
|12:30||14:00||Lunch + Posters|
|2:00||2:35||Keynote - Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|2:35||2:50||Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|2:50||3:05||Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|3:05||3:20||Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|3:20||3:35||Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|3:35||3:50||Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|3:50||4:25||Keynote - Topic TBD - Speaker TBD|
|4:25||4:30||Concluding Remarks- TBD|
Authors are invited to submit abstracts (1 page) for presentations and posters by April 13, 2017. Acceptance notification will be sent out by May 10, 2017.
Please use the EasyChair submission system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=transmed2017 .
- Call for one-page Abstract Opens: January 3, 2017
- Submission Deadline: April 13, 2017
- Final Acceptance Notification: May 10, 2017
- Final program available: Extended to June 10, 2017
- TransMed 2017 COSI: July 25, 2017
For Proceedings Submission, please follow this guideline.
- Please note: Proceedings Submission Deadline: January 26, 2017
The TransMed COSI meeting will take place on July 21-, 2017, during the ISMB 2017, Prague (Convention Center), Czech Republic.
We would like to thank our sponsors:
for their kind support:
Please follow the registration page on the ISMB website: TransMed COSI Registration.
Venkata Satagopam, Luxembourg Centre For Systems Biomedicine (LCSB), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Bissan Al-Lazikani, The Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Reinhard Schneider, Luxembourg Centre For Systems Biomedicine (LCSB), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Mansoor Saqi, European Institute for Systems Biology and Medicine, Lyon, France
Wei Gu, Luxembourg Centre For Systems Biomedicine (LCSB), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Irina Balaur, European Institute for Systems Biology and Medicine, Lyon, France
Programme committee (alphabetical order)
Sanne Abeln, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Mauro Antonio Alves Castro, Federal University of Paraná (UFPR)
Francisco Azuaje, Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH)
Peter Banda, University of Luxembourg
Adriano Barbosa-Silva, University of Luxembourg
Nyasha Chambwe, Institute for Systems Biology
Laura Elo, University of Turku
Holger Fröhlich, UCB Biosciences GmbH
Olivier Gevaert, Stanford University
Anna Goldenberg, SickKids Foundation
Samiul Hasan, GlaxoSmithKline
Carl Herrmann, University Heidelberg & DKFZ Heidelberg
Francesco Iorio, EMBL - EBI
Roland Krause, University of Luxembourg
Seunghak Lee, Human Longevity, Inc
Yu-Chen Lo, Stanford University
Gang Luo, University of Washington
Gino Marchetti, CNRS / IN2P3
Patrick May, University of Luxembourg
Renee de Menezes, VU University Medical Center
Sabine Peres, LRI Paris-Sud 11 University
Juliane Perner, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute
Thang Pham, VU University Medical Center
Kirsten Roomp, University of Luxembourg
Anguraj Sadanandam, Institute of Cancer Research (ICR)
Katrin Sangkuhl, Stanford University
Joachim Selbig, University of Potsdam
Fabrizio Smeraldi, Queen Mary University of London
Jaclyn Taroni, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
Erdogan Taskesen, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Allan Tucker, Brunel University
Fabio Vandin, University of Padova
Joachim Weischenfeldt, Biotech Research & Innovation Centre (BRIC)
Junming Yin, University of Arizona
Sascha Zickenrott, University of Luxembourg
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Google Groups: TransMed2017 Google Group
The TransMed logo was designed by Alexandre Pellet, www.alexandrepellet.com.